Rachel P Barker understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of all of my clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Me
Rachel P Barker
Data Protection Lead: Rachel Barker
My website address is: https://rachelpbarker.co.uk
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how I use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that I use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about my collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact me to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I hold. Please contact me using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if I am relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 11.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data I hold about you changes, please keep me informed as long as I have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns myself, however, so please contact me first, using the details in Part 11.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect and How?
I may collect and hold some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with me):
- Business Contact Details
- Personal Contact Details
- Business Finance Details
- Business Type
- Business Sector
- Business Goods and/or Services Details
- Business Social Media Profiles
- Business Policies
- Business Staff Ethnicity Information
- Business Staff Gender Information
- Business Staff Disability Information
- Other HR information relating to the Business and it’s staff
Your personal data is obtained from the following third parties:
- LinkedIn profile, if applicable
- Your Business Website, if applicable.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Supplying my services to you. Your personal and/or business details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you
- Personalising and tailoring my services for you
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of my newsletters (if relevant).
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, or social media with information, news, and offers. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
All project information including client files will be kept for 6 years following the end or termination of a contract or 1 year after initialising communication that does not result in a contractual agreement.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within 2 weeks and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
For the attention of: Rachel Barker
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.Any changes will be made available via my website https://rachelpbarker.co.uk