Hello and thank you for visiting!
I help leaders in the performing arts to successfully manage their people and create better organisations.
Let's get to the all-important questions. Do you...
Run a small, creative organisation where resources and capacity are limited?
Wish it was possible to get through all your admin, tackle those HR projects and have time to support your team?
Often find yourself thinking there must be a better way to manage it all?
If your answers are 'yes' or 'sometimes' then this is where I can help because...
I enjoy getting stuck in, no job is too small
I love being busy and productive
I can make your life easier and help you to...
Organise & coordinate
End-to-end projects including ones not just specific to HR like:
- Rehearsed readings
- Practical showcases
- Practical examinations
- Staged productions
- Festival of new writing
- Work in progress showings
Support Boards of Trustees with:
- Board paper collation and distribution
- Board communications
- Minute taking
- Governance related tasks and projects
- Performance development
Create & implement
Company mission, vision, values
A Staff/Employee or Welcome Handbook
Policies and procedures including:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly
- Health and Wellbeing (to name a few)
Review, revise, reissue
Contracts to ensure consistency across all departments, including:
- Casual workers
Set-up & maintain
Time saving, easy-to-use, online/cloud-based systems including:
- HR information systems (HRIS) with access to HR Advisors
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support ourteam with their mental health and wellbeing
- Websites (I built this one)
- Social media accounts (I run Twitter and Facebook pages/groups for clients)
Research & launch
Projects which support your team including:
- Perks and benefits package
- Management/leadership training programme
- Health and Wellbeing policy to support a team during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Apprenticeship/internships schemes
...this will free up your time to focus on the bigger picture and manage your resources effectively.
What clients say
Lynette Shanbury, Executive Director
Rachel fitted in swiftly with the team and brought a positive vibe at a challenging moment as covid-19 hit. She planned all our work efficiently and communicated with tact and empathy.
Thomas Kell, Chair and Rosmunde Hutt, Artistic Director, Pursued by a Bear Productions
We couldn’t have hoped for a better project manager…Rachel is rare in being able to grasp and enact a creative vision whilst also being willing to ‘roll up her sleeves’ to fulfill the many small tasks…We hope to work with her again and can heartily recommend her.